Carlisle & Border Estate Agents
Cooper Way Clifford House
Contact01228888999 - or - Email
The selling process is often criticised and Carlisle & Border have paid attention to common criticisms before devising new methods of working. This also led us to our message 'putting you right at home' which appears on every sale board which Carlisle & Border displays.
The housing market is getting tougher so here is our 11 point plan to ensure our clients get the best possible outcome.
1. We know you are making an important choice in marketing what is often the family's most valuable assets. You need someone to trust, someone responsible who will solve your problems [in a crisis]. A named contract partner will see your transaction through to completion.
2. We give you local experience. There is a huge amount of data on the Internet but it's the knowledge base between someone's ears that just cannot be replicated, regardless of how much research you do.
3. We know the frustrations caused by 'time wasters' and every step of the way we are on the lookout for those tell tale signs of potential buyers who will not go on to complete.
4. We want to keep down the cost of first bringing a property to the attention of potential buyers. We bring to sellers a number of options, and we will advise you on what we see as the best way forward.
A completely individual approach for developers, tailored for their exact needs Distinctive For Sale Boards Professional Sales Particulars Internal and External Photographs Viewing Follow ups We will always keep you up to date Free advertising in your local Asda Free internet advertising on Globrix, Click in2 Property and our own web site
5. We want to cut down the time wasted by sellers showing round purchasers who for one reason or another find themselves wasting time because the property has some shortcoming. We therefore have experienced staff who visited the property to answer any queries and will 'tell it like it is'. So if a buyer wants a peaceful country property we will not be recommending a house backing onto a Motorway.
6. We will keep the total cost down by advising on the various methods of selling given the property and the prevailing market conditions, and quoting you a price which you will find difficult to beat in any like for like comparison.
7. We will work with your other professional advisers to ensure a smooth transaction with no nasty surprises.
8. We will let your Solicitors know be they Bell Park Kerridge or otherwise what we expect of them once a prospective buyer has been found. We will not harass the Solicitor every day from the date of exchange of Contracts and then completion, that just annoys everyone. However, we do require to be informed of exchange of Contracts within 24 hours, and the completion date as soon as it is agreed. This is more important than you may think because things change every day and if a potential purchaser is causing needless delay, there may be other options.
9. Should you be purchasing a property across the Scottish Border then we are able to put you in touch with recommended Scottish Solicitors.
10. We will not give the highest 'market evaluation' in the hope of getting the instructions. Anything can be sold if the price is right. If you want 'top dollar' you must be prepared for a wait. The true value of your house is what someone will pay for it. We will ensure we market the property to get the best result given your timescale.
11. You can expect the highest standards of professional conduct from professionals who want your business.
At Carlisle & Border Estate Agents our aim is to sell your property within the right time scale, at the right price. We want to exceed your expectations at all times ensuring you get the best service possible.
If you have your own Solicitor then we are pleased to cooperate with your own chosen professional. If however you wish us to quote an 'all inclusive' fee for agency and conveyancing, then the Solicitors at Bell Park Kerridge will be pleased to assist.
Solicitors from Bell Park Kerridge are on our premises and so we can offer a true 'one-stop shop' which will meet your timescale.
Remember, when you are choosing a Solicitor:
- Who are you getting to handle your transaction - is it a qualified Solicitor or qualified Legal Executive or is it some unqualified so-called 'Paralegal'?
- Are you given a real direct dial number or is it a glorified call centre with answer phone?
- Are they committed to electronic conveyancing as far as possible, in order to save time and hassle?
- Are they committed to customer service with convenient premises (fully Disability Discrimination Act compliant) and on site parking?
In life you generally get what you pay for, at Carlisle & Border and Bell Park Kerridge the emphasis is simply on doing the quality job we would expect ourselves!
|Estate Agent - Residential|
|Estate Agent - Residential|
Mandie Beach - Branch Manager
Joe Bell - Sales Negotiator
Julie Fell - Sales Negotiator - Secretary
Property Ombudsman Sales/Property Ombudsman Lettings
Area of Business
We currently 70% of properties for sale and 30% for let. On average, properties are sold within 3 months of being listed by us. We have properties between £80-£850,000.
Our admin fee is a fixed rate of £75 per tenant which includes all admin, contracts, references etc. Deposit is dependent on the property but usually 4 weeks and a month's rent is requested before moving in.