Based in Northampton, John Martin and Associates is a well established firm of Chartered Surveyors and Chartered Town Planners specialising in planning and development consultancy covering the South & East Midlands and East Anglia regions. The practice forms part of King West, Chartered Surveyors, Land and Estate Agents, with offices also in Market Harborough and Stamford.
Martin H Bagshaw BA (Hons) BTp MRTPI
Martin has over 20 years of planning experience much of which has been spent working in the house building industry with a number of major PLC companies. During that time he was involved with the promotion of both small and large scale development sites through the development plan system including a new village proposal for 850 houses and a mixed use urban extension incorporating over 1000 dwellings.
Andrew Cowling BSc (Est. Man) FRICS
With over 35 years of experience, Andrew has represented a range of corporate, public sector and private landowner clients in the identification, valuation and disposal of development land for a range of users including residential, retail, industrial, distribution and leisure. Based primarily in Northampton, Andrew has been significantly involved in the expansion of towns such as Northampton, Daventry and Milton Keynes.
William Allwood BA(Hons) DipTP MRTPI
William has over 20 years experience working in the development control sector. He has dealt with all aspects of the planning process and the presentation of evidence at public inquiries and hearings. He has a good knowledge and understanding of all aspects of residential, agricultural and commercial development.
Chloe Renner BSc (Hons) MSc Town Planning MRTPI
Chloe has 3 years experience in town planning consultancy, working on retail and commercial planning schemes, together with carrying out planning appraisals and presenting evidence at public inquiries. In addition, Chloe has gained an in depth knowledge of the planning system and has worked on a variety of other planning projects. Chloe is also a Member of the RTPI.
Sarah Kiddy BA (Hons) MSc Town Planning
Sarah has 3 years experience in the private sector, working predominantly on residential schemes. This includes planning applications, appeals and promoting sites. Sarah has a good understanding of the planning system and has been involved in a range of larger projects. Sarah is currently working towards chartered membership of the RTPI.
Area of Business
Our Planning services include:
- Planning and Development Appraisals: our experience allows us to appraise sites and advice on the prospects of obtaining planning permission.
- Planning Applications: We specialise in preparing application for: outline, detailed, listed building and Conservation Area consents.
- Planning Appeals: We undertake planning appeals through written representations, hearings and public enquiries.
- Development Plans: Through representations made to the emerging planning policy, we are able to strategically promote sites and ensure that the long term prospects of each site are maximised.
- Project Management: We are often required to lead a team of specialist consultants to ensure objectives and deadlines are met.
- Environmental Statements: We are often required to prepare and submit Environmental Statements in support of large planning applications.
Our development land services Include:
- Sales: We specialise in the sale of development land.
- Acquisitions: We provide purchasing advice to secure development opportunities.
- Valuation: We are able to provide formal valuations undertaken by RICS Regulated Valuers for both development land and potential development land.
Please contact us to discuss the fee.