Simpson Millar LLP (acquired Peter Maughan & Co)
Walker Terrace 15a
Gateshead, Tyne And Wear
Contact0844 858 3000 - or - Email
Simpson Millar LLP is an ambitious, forward thinking provider of legal services. We provide high quality, competitively priced legal services to individuals, trade unions and businesses. We have extensive experience in personal injury claims, employment law, conveyancing, consumer protection, family law, financial services, disease/illness, medical negligence, road traffic accidents and wills and probate.
|Lawyer - Solicitor|
|Lawyer - Solicitor|
Simpson Millar LLP comprises of 19 partners, 3 consultants, 11 associates and 42 fee earners along with 85 support staff. Managing Partner, Peter Watson, is responsible for the day-to-day running of the firm and is supported by the Management Committee and Equity Partners of the business.
Simpson Millar LLP are accredited with the Lexcel Practice Management Standard by the Law Society and Investors in People.
Simpson Millar LLP has been recognised as one of the best law firms to work for by finishing top for "Company culture and style" in the "Top Legal Employers" guide.
Area of Business
We specialise in:
* Asbestos Disease/Illness e.g.: mesothelioma; asbestosis; pleural plaques and pleural thickening.
* Catastrophic Injuries eg: brain/head injuries; spinal injuries; loss of limbs etc.
* Commercial/Corporate law for your business.
* Consumer Protection eg: unfair bank charges, mis-sold PPI policies; endowment mis-selling; sofa contamination and defective products.
* Conveyancing eg: domestic and commercial - get instant online no obligation quotes.
* Disease/Illness at Work eg: asbestos illnesses; Occupational asthma; RSI claims; VWF and HAVS; Industrial Deafness; heavy metal poisoning.
* Employment Law eg: redundancy; unfair dismissal; compromise agreements; workplace stress.
* Family Law eg: child custody; divorce; relationship planning and breakdowns.
* Financial Services eg: investment advice; retirement options; pensions; mortgages.
* Medical Negligence eg: birth injuries for mother and child; misdiagnosis/delay diagnosis; misprescription or drugs; neligence claims against doctors etc.
* Personal Injury eg: accidents at work; carbon monoxide poisoning; dog bites; holiday accident claims; sports injuries; etc.
* Road Traffic Accidents
* Acting for Trade Union Members
* Wills and Probate
Financial arrangements include:
No win no fee agreements
Legal Aid - in some cases
Legal Expenses Insurance funding
Privately paying clients